Spinster Sisters Co.
Consciously choosing to do better. Better for people, better for the planet.
A Mission Based on
Safety & Sustainability
We are committed to creating safe and gentle skin care products that benefit our consumers, our employees and the earth.
That mission leads us to use essential oils, minimally processed plant oils, and botanicals in our products; while avoiding sulfates, phthalates and parabens. We also incorporate biodegradable materials and sustainable processes. Read our full mission statement to find out more.
Made in the U.S. at our
Spinster Sisters Co. makes its home at the foot of the Rockies in historic Golden, Colorado.
A 7,860 sq. ft. warehouse on the southern edge of town houses our wind and solar-powered Microsoapery, where we make each of our products using ecologically sound ingredients, procedures and packaging.
How to Find Our
Locations & Retailers
Our flagship retail location is located in historic downtown Golden at 1116 Washington Ave. Find the full Spinster Sisters Co. product line while getting expert advice from our retail staff.
You can also find a selection of our products at 1,900+ retailers across the country.
About Our Founder:
It Started WIth Soap
Our founder Kelly Perkins crafted her first batch of soap in 1994 after reading about the adverse effects of triclosan on human health. Find her full story and more in our articles.
Spinster Sisters commits to:
- Creating safe, gentle, hypoallergenic, sulfate-, phthalate- and paraben-free skin care products;
- Sourcing locally or through Fair Trade whenever possible;
- Incorporating essential oils, minimally processed plant oils and botanicals to serve as an alternative to the harsh, dangerous chemicals present in many products;
- Providing opportunities for fun, friendly, outgoing, and motivated people to develop their talents and contribute to a positive work environment;
- Engaging in our local community and consistently giving back from our profits;
- Educating and inspiring others to do what they can for themselves and our planet;
- Acutely focusing on a never-ending quest for the most sustainable products, packaging and operations possible to benefit our consumers, our employees and the earth;
- Using biodegradable ingredients; packaging with recycled, recyclable, dissolvable or biodegradable materials;
- Operating with renewable energy for the lowest possible impact on the environment;
- Understanding the ultimate value of our customers and ensuring that we always provide the very best in service.